Ponder blunder squander
It's lunch break once again. We just had a building fire drill this morning, and we had to go down the narrow fire escape of this ancient structure. The company technically occupies 3 levels of this 10-floored building, but only a couple showed up for the drill. Anyway, we were going down when I received a call from another multinational agency. I felt queasy for a while because I've been getting calls for interviews from those kinds of companies lately, but of course I have no other choice but to decline.
I'm actually proud to say that I have no concrete plans of changing ad agencies for a considerable amount of time. This company is already a great catch anyway. It can be tempting to give into their offers, to think they usually give you a higher pay once pirated, but what the heck, I'm staying. I got no plans of going to interviews for some ego-boosting trip if I get in, because I'm already contented here. (so far, that is.)
I mean, I don't think people will stay in a company for more than 15 years or more if the benefits aren't fantastic. I'm supposed to be 'regular' by August, and I can't wait to get a raise. I think I'm getting paid enough, but of course there's always the thrill of the 'additional'.
Pondering on this job issue, makes me relate it to another important matter. I've realized that staying in a job has the similar concept with staying in a relationship. It's all about commitment, man. Employers of remarkable companies may offer you a higher position, a fatter pay check and a more prestigious reputation. Likewise, one can also meet and encounter people who may possess the characteristics of an ideal partner, but there's always something that keeps you from coming out the fence of one's territory. I'm slowly beginning to realize what loyalty and commitment means. One can't really be without the other. You cannot be loyal if you can't commit. There are a lot of better offers, a lot of temptations, and there's room for endless comparisons, but it is only up to you to resist their perks and dwell on what you have, and appreciate them.
I'm very grateful for getting into this job.
I feel very blessed for having someone in my life right now.
I know this might not be the perfect job and the most prestigious company.
He may not be the most ideal person who falls in my supposed-to-be list of qualifications then, but who cares. He's perfect for me. ;-)


1 Comments:
haha kahit ako nagugulat sa mga sinusulat ko shyet! nababasa pa naman nya 'to. hoy tatoy, bawal feeling ah?! hehe ;-D
9:49 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home