There is worse pain than yours, so stop ranting. bow.

04 April 2005

Grazie Pope

Karol Wojtyla (1920 - 2005)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



I couldn't help but weep while watching CNN last Saturday, as people literally waited for his demise. From then on, I realized how excruciating it is to wait for someone to leave the physical world. He was the only Pope we've known, and I can't believe I can still remember how I felt when I had a glimpse of him as he passed along Edsa 9 years ago. I was very young, and I didn't even know what holiness meant, but his aura really struck me as I had goosebumps and tears in my eyes.


I shed more tears for him now that he has gone, because it was like losing another father. Growing up without an older male figure is really catching up on me these days. I grew up without a lolo, and it's been almost 8 years since my Dad passed away also, and that's why I felt a certain loss even if I never really knew the Holy Father.


Believe it or not, I wept because I felt a certain hopelessness for the entire world. A man full of hope has left us, and our ailing world is once again lost, with one beautiful soul not around to somehow lessen the illness of sin. Yes, he'll be around in spirit and he'll be another saint we can pray to, but we still can't feel that now. I pity our world for losing such a wonderful man. But then again, his time is up and it's time to return to his Father, although they may not need anymore holy men up there.

Thank you, Pope John Paul II.

You're da best! ;-)


Love, Jenie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home