There is worse pain than yours, so stop ranting. bow.

11 April 2005

migraine girl

I wonder how gross men's comfort rooms will be if they get monthly periods. Wow. That would be one heck of an ordeal for the lowly janitor.

It's the time of the monthh I abhor again. So that's why I was such a dramatic nincompoop last night. Oops sorry Tatoff.

Anyway, I just took 2 tablets of Biogesic. That's 1,000 grams of Paracetamol passing through my insides now. I hate migraines. I'm thankful I don't get dysmenorrhea ever since, but these splitting headaches are driving me crazy, especially when I gotta work. A buzz from drinking is even better than this. Oops. (Mahihiritan na naman ako nito.)

I remember high scool days when everyone rejoices when they feel something uncomfortable during their respective time-of-the-months because it is a grand excuse to go to the airconditioned room of the clinic, to 'rest'. I never did that though. I'm not really fond of siestas. Plus I hated missing notes, and copying from others. I'm really OC when it comes to note-taking.

When you're young, less strength is expected of you. You can still complain and get comforted in a jiffy. I remember that article from one Marriage & Sexuality class (I think) where it talked about kids having their own worlds, and getting everything they want form their parents when they ask for it. Then as the child grows up, he begins to realize that he can't have everything that easily anymore; that he has to do something in return, or he has to work for it.

We all learn about this as we get older. We realize that things don't always come our way. We realize that we can't always have what we want and who we want. Reality begins to sink in. Reality begins to stink. We have more freedom, but it turns out that we have less. Mas dumarami ang bawal pag tumatanda. Mas dumarami ang mali o hindi pwedeng gawin. There are more consequences to face with every action whether we like it or not. Maraming gustong gawin, pero maraming hindi talaga dapat at hindi talaga kailangan.

Kapag nakakaramdam ng sakit ngayon, madalas hindi tayo pwedeng magreklamo kasi matanda na daw tayo. Kailangan malakas. Kailangan maging matatag. Bawal magpakita ng kahinaan. Hindi katulad nung bata pa tayo. Konting sakit, pwedeng umiyak, pwedeng humingi ng atensyon sa nakatatanda para bigyan tayo ng kalinga, para humingi ng yakap at makakuha ng ginhawa.

It said in that article that oftentimes this is the reason why people tend to look for partners. Relationships make them act like a 'child' again, and seek for love and comfort whenever they need it. I never really thought of it that way then, because I've never been in a relationship during my 3rd year in college. But now I guess I'm starting to think otherwise.

We need 'the other', and 'the other' needs us, no matter how strong we project ourselves to be.

After all, not all pain can be cured by paracetamol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home