after a day's work
It was a hectic Wednesday, but I'm glad all my work load's done. Whew. It feels good to accomplish tasks each passing day. We all seem so excited to go to the beach, but we still got 2 more days of work. Oh well.
This morning, we were reading a sort of resignation letter from one of the Account Execs here. She's a nice girl and she's got good PR so she really e-mailed almost everyone she worked with, to express her gratitude, and to state her reasons for leaving as well.
She made it very clear in the letter that she's not moving to any other ad agency. That's quite unusual because almost everyone just go from one agency to the other, depending on the offers. She reiterated about her life plans, that she planned her life since she was 15 years old. She accomplished all her goals in 10 years. And now that her 10 year-plan's through, she suddenly realized that she didn't know what to do with her life anymore. Crazy isn't it? But it really happens. That's quarter-life crisis coming right at her.
It got me thinking, and I suddenly felt queasy knowing that almost everyone goes through that silly phase. I feel like I went through it after I left my last job though. But having quarter life crisis at 21 seemed too early.
Most of my friends are confused with their lives these days. I guess we're all idealistic. We want to achieve and prove a lot to ourselves and others. We never settle for anything less. Knowing how successful people can become adds more to the challenge, and pressure. I myself am still scared of what the future holds for me, but believe it or not, I'm quite content right now, and I'm extremely grateful I took my Mom's advice. She told me to let go and just put everything in His hands. And so I did. I lifted it all up to Him when I realized that I couldn't overcome the faceless battle, despite all my attempts.
The next thing I know, I got into a job and even got into a relationship as a bonus. Wow. Talk about miracles. I never prayed for the latter, honestly, but I prayed for whoever-he-is to come when it's time, in God's time that is. I prayed a lot more to get into a job, being the career geek that I am then. But the more I prayed and desperately begged at night, the heavier my burden and my crisis became.
I'm very grateful that things are going smoothly now. I don't want to ponder on what might happen in the future yet. I want to live and enjoy each and every hour of these two fantastic blessings.
I may have quarter life crisis in 3 years, but when that time comes, I know I wouldn't regret anything I've done.
==========
Line of the day:
"Ella es no raton."
Haaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy I'm beginning to know what 'Cloud 9' really means. Haha ;-)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home