There is worse pain than yours, so stop ranting. bow.

27 October 2004

I want to go to Germany!

Okay, first of all, I don't want to go there because of the huge amount of alcohol or fantastic beer. I actually wanna go to the World Youth Day '05. It's gonna be from Aug.11-21 in Essen City and Cologne, Germany. I'm really excited to travel, meet thousands of multi-colored beings from all over, eat different food, (and drink beer), see the Pope (yes I wanna see him. I hope he's still alive though, coz I know he's getting weaker and all :( The last time i saw him was in the WYD celeb here when I was in Grade 6. I even climbed a tree alone just to see him and I was teary-eyed and i had goosebumps. I really don't know why.) Anyway, where was I... The travelling part is the primary reason for my intense urge of course. The World Youth Day is a great venue, plus it's a way to widen my horizon. It's different when you set foot in other countries, and get to experience other cultures. Meeting other people is the best part.

Anyway, before I get to hyped up, here are some of the dilemmas. Of course, there's nothing wrong with dreaming. But I have to be more realistic first.

The one and only major problem: WHERE DO I GET TRAVEL MONEY??!?!?!

I don't really care if I miss work for 11 days or so. I just need the moolahhhhh!!!! Okay, at first I gave up on this pursuit because I have no plans of starving myself by not spending any of my salary every month. That's just way impossible. So I thought of ways to earn. First, I know I needed to help my mom sell condos first. Imagine, one 3-unit condo sold at Serendra will solve my problem. (hmm..) But of course, it's not that easy yet it's possible and probable. Anyway, I mentioned the idea to my mom and she was more than thrilled for me to go to WYD. So she helped me with the game plan. I'm gonna ask her Opus Dei friends to sponsor me. So I'm planning to send them letters and all, but first I need to figure out the exact appealing message, so i get their sympathy. What am I gonna do in exchange for their money? Pray for them. (well, that's a given) But is that enough? I was inspired by what Pia Faustino did before. She asked moeny then did good deeds in return. That's cool. Although I don't know if doing it again will work. I need another scheme. So there, aside from the help-sell-condos plan, I'm really gonna give the sponsor-me-and-I'll-pray-for-you-in-Germany deal a shot. Haayyy.... What am I doing? I still have to figure out where I'm gonna be working if I don't stay here. Imagine, I only have around 2 months to be a regular employee. But the thing is, I really don't want to stay. It's weird if I leave on my 6 month though. I really don't know. Sir Oskie said it doesn't really matter if I leave by then. Besides, there are more job openings when the year starts. (darn I'm back to my employmenr dilemmas again. Come to think of it, this blog wouldn't have been created if it weren't for Aussie boss) Haayyyy...

I'm really willing to pursue this plan and raise the travel money. I need more than $1530 though, or else I'll starve in the land of Folksfagen. (How do you say "Voltes V" when you''re German?hehe)

Anyway, I'm saying 1 billion Goodluck's to myself from this day on. I know I can do it if I just set my heart and mind into it. Here's a quote I (and everyone else) shouldn't forget:

"For true success ask yourself these four questions: Why? Why not? Why not me? Why not now? ." - James Allen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home