Enjoying the moment
I've been quite satisfied with the way my life has been going lately. Good for me. I guess it's about time I become optimistic.
I look forward to each day, and even if I'm tired or still very sleepy, I get up excited to go to work. I think that's how much I appreciated this job after bumming for 3 months, and after spending all my savings during those idle days. It felt really horrible waking up without nothing to do and nowhere to go to each day. I hated getting up every morning then. I'd always want the sun to set as soon as it can, so that the day will be over in no time.
But that's all over now. And I wouldn't do anything stupid to be in that position again. Resigning from that job was the price I had to pay to get into a better one, so I there's nothing to regret after to all. I wouldn't have been in this company now and I wouldn't be so eager to work everyday if I didn't go through that horror. It's true that whenever a door closes, a window opens. Or even another bigger door becomes accesible . Hehe.
Okay enough emoting. It's lunch break and I have a headache.(Uy rhyming) Aja and I are gonna watch a movie tonight, and I'm excited :) I'm always looking forward to being with her. We don't get to see each other often, but when we do, it's like college days all over again and we can talk about anything and everything. I'm glad our office buildings are just 2 streets apart :) I hope someone works nearby also, hehe :D
Almost everyone knows about it already, and I hope the 'other' issue will get off people's minds soon because it's quite irritating to be teased to that person at this point. I'm through with that futile issue, and I hope they'll respect that. He has disappeared since October and I really have no plans of using the "Let's not waste the friendship' line because from then on, he has trashed the friendship we HAD, and he has already admitted and apologized for doing so. I did my part to revive it then, but he seemed to never have given a damn, so what the heck. He went his way, I've gone mine. Period. If people don't get that, then it ain't my problem.
It's a new chapter now, and I'm very happy and content to have someone who knows how to reciprocate and to give without reservations. I feel so blessed, and I can't stress that enough. This is by far the most wonderful blessing I ever got since all that shit happened in my life. Getting hired in this job comes next to the list of greatest blessings too :)
Imagine waiting for 5 years (my bro died in 2000) just to feel blessed and happy. I'm not saying I was never 'happy' in between those times, but I was always hoping to fill a void within me.(But aren't we all?) Right now, I know there's always something to hope for, but I said to myself that I'd just cherish each and every moment first, and I'll do my best not to be cynical and think that something horrible will happen in exchange of all this joy. Like what my mom said, "the dark cloud has passed, I've hurt & suffered enough, and now's the time for me to be happy ". So I guess I deserve this after all.
I've wept, prayed and waited long enough to feel this blissful again. And there's nothing better to do but smile, be grateful and enjoy the moment while it lasts. :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home